£30k - 40k per year
01252 759 162
about 1 month ago
Are you an operational Health and Safety professional with an ambition to work within a highly successful Logistics company that has a great level of support to Health and Safety?
This role will offer a great opportunity to inspire and engage with the site team to increase and develop the standard of Health and Safety across the business. You will have a strong focus upon engaging and training with the operational teams.
Being the sole representative for the site you will lead the Health and Safety function and create plans for the future. The group Health and Safety Manager is an industry specialist within over 20 years in logistics, and he has a huge focus on mentoring and developing his team.
Health and Safety Manager – Logistics – Tilbury – Up to £40,000
We would love to see CV’s from people who have:
- A NEBOSH General Certificate
- Experience within a dedicated Health and Safety Position previously
- Experience within a Logistics Position is prefered
As the Health and Safety Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Working with the site operational team and implementing a proactive strategy to Health and Safety
- Sitting on the senior leadership team and leading the direction of the Safety plan across the site
- Coaching and mentoring people within the business on best safe practices
- Creating policies and procedures for the site and taking them from a good level of safety to a great level
- Investigating accidents and investigations and working on a solution to reduce the risk of these reoccurring
What is good about this role?:
- You will be working in a fast-paced environment, where every day is different and you will be exposed to different risks
- You will have the opportunity to work for a large and successful company, which could provide development opportunities in the future
- There is a great deal of training and development available, and many of the wider Health and Safety team are growing their careers within the business
- You have the opportunity to be involved within a health challenge on the site, enhancing your skills as a HSE Leader
If the opportunity is of interest, please apply today as we would love to hear from you.