£60k - 65k per year
01252 759 162
7 months ago
Global Manufacturer - Newly created Health and Safety Manager position - £60k-£65k + attractive benefits package.
Principal People are excited to be recruiting for an experienced Health & Safety Manager for their production site based near Telford.
The position will work within a highly successful division of a large international company. The role will have a very heavy focus upon site engagement and driving forward the overall Health and Safety culture. The company are looking for someone who will be able to create and implement new initiatives ensuring excellent HSE practices are imbedded within the operation.
Why work for this company?
- Working for a highly successful Global company, who are fully invested in Health and Safety.
- Lots of variation within the role and chance to develop and lead new projects.
- You will have the opportunity to work on both a strategic and operational level within the division, offering a great deal of scope for this individual to make a real difference within the role and drive change.
- Working for a prestigious company offering ample development and training opportunities.
- The company work to good standard in terms of H&S, but this is an opportunity to push it towards greatness
The key duties include:
- Responsible for embedding a continuous improvement culture to ensure systems and processes are always in line with group strategy
- Analyse and propose areas of improvement within the management system ensuring the continuous improvement process is managed effectively by the Operations Management team
- Be instrumental in the HSE strategy and direction of the division
- Driving HSE performance forward onsite by providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all HSE matters, providing coaching and assurance
- Ensuring the site policies and procedures are regularly reviewed and improved
The ideal will possess as a minimum:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Health and Safety as a minimum qualification
- Ideally Experienced with management systems including ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 although not essential
- 5 + years of experience in a Health and Safety focussed role, ideally within a manufacturing or engineering environment although not essential.
If the opportunity is of interest, please apply today or email me on F.Johnston@principalpeople.co.uk
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard back within 10 working days unfortunately your application has not been successful.