£40k - 50k per year
01252 759 162
4 months ago
Newly Created Health and Safety Manager position – Birtley, south of Gateshead - £40k-£50k + attractive benefits package
Principal People are delighted to have exclusively partnered with a forward thinking; specialised award-winning manufacturing company based Birtley, South of Gateshead. The role will have a very heavy focus upon site engagement and Health and Safety culture. The role will involve leading the Health and Safety Functions and will require looking at new strategy for the site then ensuring this is communicated through the senior leadership team and shop floor.
Why work for this company?
- A brand new position, the company have never had someone at this level before, offering the opportunity to come in with fresh eyes and given the autonomy to make a real difference
- Being part of a fully invested team with excellent buy-in to HSE from the business and Operations Director
- The company work to good standard in terms of H&S, but this is an opportunity to push it towards greatness
- You will have the opportunity to work on both a strategic and operational level within the division, offering a great deal of scope for this induvial to make a real difference within the role and drive change
- Lots of variation within the role and chance to get involved with new projects that arise in HSE
- Part of a global group of companies with the opportunity to share best practice
The Key duties include:
- Supporting ongoing engagement of continuous improvement programmes, working closely with site managers to coach and influence them in Health and Safety
- Contribute to the H&S strategy and direction.
- Proving support on risk assessments, safe systems of work and inspections, including briefing and training.
- Driving H&S performance forward onsite
- Ensuring the site policies and procedures are regularly reviewed and improved
- Managing and maintaining the HSEQ management systems on both sites
The ideal will possess as a minimum:
- NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
- 4 + years of experience in a Health and Safety focussed role, ideally within a manufacturing or engineering environments although not essential.
If the opportunity is of interest, please apply today or email me on F.Johnston@principalpeople.co.uk
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard back within 10 working days unfortunately your application has not been successful.