£45k - 50k per year
01252 759 162
6 months ago
Newly created Health and Safety Manager position – Manufacturing – Redditch £45k-£50k + attractive benefits.
Principal People are excited to be recruiting for an experienced Health & Safety Manager based near Redditch.
The position will be within a highly successful division of a large international company. You will have the opportunity within this role to develop and implement new Health and Safety initiatives and develop a strategy to continuously improve the safety culture across the business. You will furthermore have the opportunity to work closely with the site leaders to ensure safety practices are being implemented to the world class standards the company expects.
Why work for this company?
- The company work to good standard in terms of H&S, but this is an opportunity to push it towards greatness
- This position is also part of succession plan, you will be offered development and training to prepare you for a senior position in the future.
- You will be working in a fast-paced environment, where every day is different, and you will be exposed to different risks to enhance your career
- You will be given the autonomy to implement new HSE initiatives and drive the culture change, a true opportunity to be a leader of change
The Key duties include:
- Supporting ongoing engagement of continuous improvement programmes, working closely with shop floor and senior managers to coach and influence them in health and safety
- Contributing to the H&S strategy and direction.
- Investigating accidents and investigations and working on a solution to reduce the risk of these reoccurring
- Creating policies and procedures for the site sand taking them from a good level of safety to a great level
- Driving H&S performance forward onsite
The ideal will possess as a minimum:
- A NEBOSH General Certificate
- 5 years + experience within a dedicated Health and Safety Position
- Experience working within a Manufacturing environment
If the opportunity is of interest, please apply today or email me on F.Johnston@principalpeople.co.uk
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard back within 10 working days unfortunately your application has not been successful.