£50k - 55k per year
01252 759 162
4 months ago
Newly created Health and Safety Manager position – Logistics – Nr.Witham (Essex) – £50K-55K + further package
This role is a great opportunity to working within a fast growing business, who are dedicated to driving forward their HSE standards and performance. You will be based near Witham, Essex at their large logistics site with very occasional travel to two small office sites elsewhere in the UK.
The position is working within the Health and Safety Operations Department and will have a strong focus upon behavioural safety and engagement of the wider workforce.
We would love to see CVs from people who have:
- A NEBOSH General Certificate
- Experience within a dedicated Health and Safety Position
- Ideally experience within a Transport, Logistics or Warehousing environment
As the Health and Safety Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Working with the site operational teams and implementing a proactive strategy to Health and Safety
- Travelling around the different sites engaging with the workforce
- Sitting on the senior leadership team and leading the direction of the Safety plan across the site
- Coaching and mentoring people within the business on best safe practices
- Creating policies and procedures for the site sand taking them from a good level of safety to a great level
- Investigating accidents and investigations and working on a solution to reduce the risk of these reoccurring
What is good about this role?
- You will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day is different, exposing you to a range of risks and challenges
- The business is growing and this role is expected to grow further and require reports in the future
- As the company are family run, they have a strong focus upon employee wellbeing, and there are few limitations to implement safety initiatives
- Company have just built a brand-new logistics site near Whittam, so there’s a chance to get involved and implement new safety initiatives onsite, making this position your own
- The company encourage creativity in this position and are open to new ideas and ways of driving forward Health and Safety
If the opportunity is of interest, please apply today or email me on F.Johnston@principalpeople.co.uk
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard back within 10 working days unfortunately your application has not been successful.