£60k - 70k per year
01252 759 162
5 months ago
Health and Safety Manager – £60,000 - £70,000 + Company car and attractive benefits package – Glasgow
Principal People are delighted to have exclusively partnered with a Specialised Global-focused Manufacturing organisation based in Glasgow. The position is working within the HSE Operations Department and will have a strong focus upon behavioural safety engagement towards Health, Safety and Environment. The role will involve leading the Health, Safety and Environmental Functions, and will require looking at new strategies for the site then ensuring the new strategy is communicated through the senior leadership team and shop floor.
Why work for this company?
- Working for highly successful, company, who are fully invested in their employers with excellent buy-in to EHS from the business and Site Leader.
- Offering ample development and training opportunities to help your career development.
- A great deal of scope for this induvial working with many different risks having the opportunity to implement your own induvial mark onto site.
- Lots of variation within the role and chance to get involved with new projects that arise in EHS.
The Key duties include:
- Supporting ongoing engagement of continuous improvement programmes, working closely with shop floor and senior managers to coach and influence them in health, safety, and environment
- Contribute to the HSE strategy and direction
- Developing policies and procedures relevant to certification requirements
- Auditing and Maintaining the ISO 14001 and 45001 management systems and ensuring site keeps accreditations.
- Driving EHS performance forward onsite
The ideal will possess as a minimum:
- NEBOSH Diploma or working towards although not essential
- Ideally experienced with management systems including ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- 5 + years of experience in a Health and Safety focussed role, ideally within a manufacturing FMCG or Food & Beverage environment or in a sector with similar Health & Safety challenges.
If the opportunity is of interest, please apply today or email me on F.Johnston@principalpeople.co.uk
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard back within 10 working days unfortunately your application has not been successful.