£45k - 50k per year
01252 759 162
about 1 month ago
Award Winning Global Manufacturer - Health and Safety Manager - £45,000 to £50,000 + attractive benefits package – Rochdale
Are you seeking a fresh challenge with the autonomy to truly shape the role as your own?
Are you passionate about Health and Safety, and working for a business who truly believe in safety first?
If so, this could be a fantastic opportunity for you.
Principal People are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager in partnership with an exceptional and well-established high-risk Manufacturing organisation to be based at the Rochdale site. This role offers the ability to work autonomously, taking ownership for the health and safety onsite and setting the strategy, implementing new initiatives across the organisation. In this role you will report to the Operational Manager.
Why work for this company?
- Working for a global and award-winning organisation, who are a growing business offering future development
- A wide variation of projects to get involved in and expand your knowledge within
- The company work to good standard in terms of H&S, but this is an opportunity to push it towards greatness
- The company offer ample development and training opportunities
- Being part of a top performing team who take health and safety seriously
The Key Duties include:
- Responsible for imbedding a continuous improvement culture to ensure systems and processes are always in line with group strategy
- Analyse and propose areas of improvement within the management system ensuring the continuous improvement process is managed effectively by the Operation Management team
- Contribute to the HSE strategy and direction
- Driving HSE performance forward onsite by providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all HSE matters, providing coaching and assurance
- Ensuring the site policies and procedures are regularly reviewed and improved
The ideal will possess as a minimum:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Health and Safety
- Have experience working within a high-risk environment
- 5 + years of experience in a Health and Safety focussed role, ideally within a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Ideally some ISO management systems experience although not essential
If this position is of interest to you, please contact Francheska Johnston on 01252 954975 or send an email to F.Johnston@PrincipalPeople.co.uk