£38k - 48k per year
almost 2 years ago
I am currently seeking a Health and Safety Manager (Engineering) to join a well-established Education organisation based in the South Hants area.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within a multi-disciplined organisation in which no two days are the same. You will be part of a cohesive team environment that is exposed to a wide array of risks.
As the Health and Safety Manager you will be responsible for carrying out a range of operational work across a wide variety of engineering education facilities that are ever changing and expanding.
Why this is a great opportunity:
This is an exciting opportunity join an organisation that has just expanded its current facilities with the base for this role being the newest addition to the University. This organisation offers a diverse role with a variety of multisite travel (as of when needed) and a real sense of autonomy in the way you want to manage your diary.
As the Health and Safety Manager (Engineering) your responsibilities will include:
- Managing engineering associated hazards and risks across the activities of the University including the use and maintenance of Lifting Equipment, workshop operational controls including LEV systems etc
- Working closely with the capital projects team within the Directorate of Estates & Facilities to enable health and safety management of major engineering installations and associated equipment and supporting Faculties with the safe use and operation of all lifting equipment and other engineering controls to assist the achievement of legal compliance.
- To provide competent professional Health & Safety advice in respect of specialism, providing input from the planning stage to completion.
The ideal Health and Safety Manager (Engineering) will hold:
- Qualified to a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent within Occupational Health and Safety (NVQ level 5 / NCRQ Level 6 Diploma)
- GradIOSH Membership minimum or ability to gain through relevant experience and qualifications (CMIOSH Ideally)
- Multi-disciplined Health and Safety experience at a strategic and operational level with an ability of changing hearts and minds through excellent communication skills.
- Experience of engaging with individuals at all levels with an ability to mould their approach depending on the level / environment / situation they are in.
- Significant experience in complex engineering environments including the management and operation of lifting equipment.
- Full legislative knowledge and operational implementation of requirements for engineering workshop environments.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline (open to those who have HND or relevant level / sector qualifications).
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.