£25k - 30k per year
about 2 years ago
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting an incredibly exciting career opportunity for a Health and Safety Officer, to join a well-established, thriving and highly reputable Food Manufacturing organisation based in Leicester.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in an extremely diverse environment where no two days are the same. You will be responsible for supporting the Senior Health and Safety Manager with the overall Health and Safety on a day to day basis and when new projects arise, you will have the chance to work with a variation of people and really encourage their pro-active behaviours towards Health and Safety standards. In return our client can offer you training and development with career progression opportunities in the future.
The successful Health and Safety Officer will report directly to the Senior Health and Safety Manager.
As a as Health and Safety Officer the role will cover all aspects and matters relating to Health and Safety within the facility, integrating a common-sense approach into the business needs. This positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others and when new projects arise, overseeing the installation of it and ensuring it is carried out within a safe manner.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- To support the Senior Health & Safety Manager in promoting the highest level of awareness and compliance in all aspects of site Health and Safety.
- Deliver sustainable improvements to the facility and help to develop a cultural change in the mindset of all employees.
- Reporting of accident statistics, RIDDOR reports as required and the review of near miss forms.
- Assist Managers with the development and implementation of risk assessments, safe systems of work and manufacturing operating procedures.
- Support managers in accident investigations, ensuring correct reporting and review and feedback on the quality of accident investigations.
- Supporting Managers in the implementation of health & safety toolkits, in order to promote a strong Health and Safety culture.
- Develop and deliver Health and Safety Training.
The successful Health and Safety Officer will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Demonstrable experience in improving and health and safety behaviours and improving cultures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working within a food manufacturing company although not essential.
In return, the successful Health and Safety Officer will be offered a salary up to £30,000 depending on qualifications and experience, with a generous benefits package including; pension of up to 7% match, 24 days holiday plus bank holiday, private medical and Company profit share scheme.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.