£30k per year
over 2 years ago
Health and Safety Officer to join a well-established and ever-expanding charitable organization based in London with travel throughout the UK.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation that makes a difference. As the Health and Safety Officer you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment within a role that has opportunity to progress and most of all; develop your career within Health and Safety. The next Health and Safety Officer will ideally be based in or around the London area with travel throughout the UK to a wide variety of sites.
Why this is a great opportunity:
This is an opportunity to work for a nationally renowned charitable organisation that really make a difference to animals up and down the country. This organisation offers an extremely flexible and diverse role with a variety of multisite travel to a range of sites throughout the UK.
As the Health and Safety Officer your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in driving and influencing the health and safety culture
- To communicate Health and Safety policies and procedures effectively and quickly to staff across the organisation. This includes maintaining the health and safety pages of the organisations intranet, agreeing new content with the Health and Safety Manager before it is uploaded
- To conduct site visits according to a programme set by the Health and Safety Manager, carrying out risk assessments and audits as necessary and advising on risks and other issues. To write up all audit visits promptly and accurately in the agreed format, with clear identification of risk and recommendations for improvement where needed. To agree with the relevant manager who is responsible for each action, copy the report to them and oversee to ensure timely implementation.
- To evaluate health and safety performance as agreed with the H&S Manager and to report as required, highlighting best practice as well as problems and recommending solutions
- Manage and deliver key projects relating to H&S management, as directed by the Head or Senior Head of Health and safety
The ideal Health and Safety Officer will have:
- Formal health and safety qualifications (IOSH Managing Safety / NEBOSH General Certificate / Equivalent
- Experience in a similar role in a multi-site environment
- Experience of site auditing and carrying out risk assessments
- Full, clean, manual driving license essential
In return, the successful Health and Safety Officer will be offered a salary of up to £30,000 + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.