£30k - 35k per year + Package
over 1 year ago
Health and Safety Officer – Logistics – up to £35K + benefits.
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting and varied role for a Health and Safety Officer to join a modern, fast growing logistics company based within Gatwick.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in a fast paced, high energy environment, with no one day being the same. You will be responsible for the overall health and safety on a day to day basis, you will have the chance to work with a variation of people and really encourage their pro-active behaviours towards health and safety, whilst being a part of dynamic and forward-thinking team.
The successful Health and Safety Officer will report directly to the Training, Safety and Compliance Manager, who will support and encourage your development through coming up with forward thinking behavioural initiatives and implementing these on site.
This significant but hugely positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others and creating an understanding of health and wellbeing and its importance to the workforce.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Coaching a high standard of Health and Safety practice on a day to day basis
- Interacting with and managing the workforce to be pro-active towards their own health and safety, ensuring good behaviours and safe working methods are being adhered to
- Reviewing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures, carrying out incident investigations and carrying out training and inductions
- Running safety campaigns and being creative and forward thinking in how to get people engaged in health, safety and wellbeing
The successful Health and Safety Officer will hold:
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Demonstrable experience in improving and health and safety behaviours and improving cultures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
With the opportunity to work for exciting and forward-thinking organisation and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.