£26k - 30k per year
about 2 years ago
Principal People are currently looking for a Health and Safety Officer to join a leading Academy Trust organisation based in South London. This is an excellent opportunity for a Health and Safety professional looking to develop within a truly multidiscipline organisation that will allow you to diversify your skill sets and experience further as they continue their expansion plans.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within a multi-disciplined organisation in which no two days are the same. You will be part of a team of individuals that work on a remote basis and will give you a great deal of autonomy in how you want to manage the role. The role allows you to travel to over 50 education sites throughout the Central and Greater London area.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an organisation who wants to make Health and Safety fall seamlessly in to the day to day operations and be seen as something to enable them rather than disable them. The role is extremely varied due to the multi-site aspect, has great progression opportunities as they expand and offers a great work life balance package. You will be provided with the necessary tools to carry out the role to the highest standards across a diverse and exciting remit, no two days will be the same!
The Successful Health and Safety Officer will be responsible for:
- Provide support and deputise for the Group lead for Health and Safety on the organisations wide Health and Safety issues, visits, audits and inspections of site premises.
- Provide remote and face to face advice and guidance to academies on their management and application of health and safety legislation and best practice.
- Provide advice and guidance on new buildings related Health and Safety.
- Review and assess external H&S reports and fire risk assessments provided by the organisations appointed external compliance company, working with academies to provide solutions and close arising actions.
- Work with academies to develop their Health and Safety Management Systems in line with the organisations policy and practice
The ideal Estates Compliance Officer will:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent within Occupational Health and Safety
- Experience carrying out operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity across multiple sites (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Education but open to Healthcare, Local Authority and Care)
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who is able to build strong and positive working relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment identifying trends with a keen eye for attention to detail.
In return, the successful Health and Safety Officer will be offered a salary of up to £30,000 plus 25 days leave plus bank holidays, an exceptional pension scheme and Healthcare.
We have interview availability over the next two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.