£35k - 45k per year
over 1 year ago
I am currently seeking a Health and Safety Officer to join a prestigious private Education organisation based in North West London. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented safety professional looking to make a difference. You will have the rare chance to work within this forward-thinking organisation across multiple sites where no two days are the same.
As the Health and Safety Officer you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment, with the chance to develop within a wide variety of areas within an education provider who offer services to individuals from 3-18. The successful candidate will ideally be based in or around the London area with travel to a range of sites all within 10 minutes of each other.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a leading private school who are well respected in their space and have an opportunity for someone to come in with a new fresh approach to managing Health and Safety. The role is extremely varied as you will be working across all departments within the organisation and engaging with individuals at all levels to promote a positive Health and Safety culture. You will be provided with the necessary tools to carry out the role to the highest standards across a diverse and exciting estate, no two days will be the same!
The Successful Health and Safety Officer will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that there is a robust compliance control system in place. Carry out regular audits to check that policies and procedures are properly implemented. Identify any required improvements and oversee their introduction.
- Advising on, and ensuring compliance with, all health & safety matters, including fire regulations, the management and safe disposal of hazardous substances, safeguarding machinery, noise mitigation, RIDDOR, etc.
- Ensuring that the organisations Health and Safety Management System is continually developed and kept up to date.
- Regularly reviewing the organisations fire safety policies, and invacuation and evacuation policies. Ensure staff are trained appropriately. Manage fire drills. Recommend improvements as required. The Health & Safety Officer will act and take responsibility as the Fire Officer for the organisation.
The ideal Health and Safety Officer will have:
- Qualified to a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level 6 qualification within Occupational Health and Safety (NVQ level 5 / NCRQ Level 6 Diploma)
- Ideally hold a Chartered Membership with IOSH (CMIOSH) yet open to those who are in the process of obtaining this with relevant senior experience at a GradIOSH level.
- Experience carrying out both strategic and operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity across multiple sites (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Education yet open to other relevant multi-disciplined backgrounds that have similar dynamics).
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who is able to build strong and positive working relationships across multiple sites to improve a wider safety culture.
- Strong IT skills, able to interrogate a database of data and to make improvements to the process of capturing the required data as well as the competent use of Excel and MS Word.
In return, the successful Health and Safety Officer will be offered a salary of up to £45,000 plus 40 days leave, an exceptional pension scheme.
We have interview availability over the next two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.