£30k - 35k per year
01252 759 162
about 1 year ago
Principal People are working on behalf of a highly successful and growing Transport and Logistics industry.
We are looking for an Health and Safety Officer who has experience within a health and safety position and is keen to work within a company that is consistently growing and developing the standard of safety on site.
This is a very operational and hands on position with the aim to improve the health and safety standard on the site. The role will be covering the night shift starting at 21:00 and finishing at 06:00.
Health and Safety Officer – Lichfield - £30,000 to £35,000 – Transport and Logistics
The minimum requirements are:
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Experience within a Logistics or Manufacturing background preferred
The key duties include:
- Working closely with the night shift operators and coaching on safe practices
- Offering appropriate advice and support to the site team within Health and Safety matters
- Implementing practical and effective methods to promote awareness to Health and Safety
- To carry out operational Health and Safety duties such as risk assessments, method statements and accident investigations on the sites
- To impose and maintain agreed high standards of health and safety in all areas within the sites
What makes this a great opportunity?
- This a newly created role, purely down to the growth of the company
- It’s a very operational position, working closely with the site teams who understand and value safety
- You will have autonomy to implement and work on your own, so it’s an opportunity to implement your experience
- The company have many sites around the UK, so there is a great opportunity to progress internally
- There are high risks on site, where you will actively work to avoid them becoming accidents This is a great opportunity for someone to start their Health and Safety Career, as they offer lots of development
A salary between £30,000 to £35,000 will be offered to the successful candidate.
If the opportunity is of interest, please apply today or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard back within 10 working days unfortunately your application has not been successful.