£35k - 50k per year
about 1 month ago
Health and Safety Opportunities in Utilities based in London
Principal People, one of the UKs’ largest HSEQ recruitment firms, are looking for experienced and ambitious Health and Safety professionals. Currently, we hold several brilliant opportunities for experienced Health and Safety professionals who have accumulated experience in the Utilities sector.
Experience can be across any work in the Utilities sector, which may involve Water, Gas, Electricity, Telecommunications, Energy and more. Furthermore, experience with any reputable and growing companies is also beneficial to any candidates’ success.
Typical duties of a Health and Safety professional include:
- Coordinate with site staff in preparation and maintenance of HSE risk assessments.
- Undertake site monitoring, risk assessments and site inspections; identify potential hazards within the workplace processes and determine ways to reduce the risks, preventing harm.
- Ability to coach and train to keep the teams up to date with current health and safety legislation and site procedures.
- Source H&S solutions as required to close actions from audit inspections and incidents.
In order to be considered, the successful candidate will possess:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- Experience in the Utilities sector
- Examples of strong communications skills, managing up and down.
Beneficial but not essential criteria for a candidate to have include:
- Knowledge of accreditations, such as, ISO 45001.
- IOSH Membership
Please note that this advert is not related to one particular live vacancy, however is a call for expressions of interest related to a range of upcoming opportunities.
We offer a referral fee of £250 should you recommend a Health and Safety professional we have not engaged with in the last 6 months, who we go on to place. Should you know of an excellent individual within your network; please do let us know.
Please note that we are only able to assist candidates with Health and Safety focused experience. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to contact unsuccessful applications.