£40k - 50k per year
01252 759 162
14 days ago
Newly created position – Health and Safety Policy and Systems Developer - Salary £40,000 - £50,000 + attractive benefits package – *FTSE 250 Manufacturing organisation with a 1.5 billion turnover*
Principal People are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Policy and Systems Developer in partnership with a Specialised manufacturing organisation due to the phenomenal growth of the organisation. You will be based in Runcorn with some travel to Howden and Northampton.
This newly created position offers the chance for you to play an integral part within the wider HSE team. In this position you will be the companies H&S Systems and Policy expert, developing the ISO 14001 and 45001 management systems to make them both more user friendly and more intuitive. You will have the autonomy to be able to be creative bringing in new ideas and initiatives, to ensure everyone in the business understands what is expected of them and how they can proactively overachieve.
Why work for this company?
- Working for Highly successful FTSE 250 company who have developed this new Health and Safety Policy and Systems position due to phenomenal growth in the company.
- Offering ample development and training opportunities to help your career development.
- Lots of variation within the role and chance to get involved with new projects that arise in SHE
- Being part of a fully invested team with excellent buy-in to HSE from the business and Site Leader.
The successful Health and Safety Policy and Systems developer will be responsible for:
- Developing H&S Systems and programmes to be used by all levels of staff within the business
- Regularly communicating with the operations and the HSE department to ensure they are complying with the exiting and new HSE programmes put in place
- Supporting in the Design, development, monitoring and continuous improvement of the ISO 140001 and 45001 management systems
- Being creative, developing written and visual H&S policies and documentation, looking at new initiatives
- Ability to analyse current processes and produce training materials and procedures to drive the business forward.
The ideal will possess as a minimum:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Health and Safety and ideally a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent although not essential
- Have HSE management systems experience in ISO 14001 and 45001
- 5 + years of experience in a Health and Safety systems focussed role, ideally within a Warehousing environment although not essential Logistics or engineering environment although not essential.
A salary of up to £50,000 depending on experience plus benefits will be rewarded to the successful applicant.
If the opportunity is of interest, please apply today or email me on F.Johnston@principalpeople.co.uk
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard back within 10 working days unfortunately your application has not been successful.