£35k - 40k per year
9 months ago
Health, Safety and Environment Advisor – Based near Wideopen - £40k plus extensive package
Principal People are pleased to be working with a fast-growing and industry-advancing Utilities and Civil Engineering business, who are looking to add to their existing Health and Safety team. They are looking for an experienced Health and Safety Advisor who will cover multiple sites across the North East.
The business is able to offer outstanding training and development, with the opportunity to work closely with the Health, Safety and Environment Manager. The position is heavily site orientated with a key emphasis on engaging with members of the operational teams and forming strong relationships. As well as the great training and development opportunities, the company has a multitude of long-term contracts meaning there is great stability within the company.
The core responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing risk assessments and method statements
- Providing Health and Safety advice and guidance to site and operation teams.
- Conducting Accident investigations
- Completing site audits
- Attending regular client and contractor meetings
- Growing a strong relationship with the sites’ operational teams
- Assisting with CDM regulations
Essential requirements for the position:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or NEBOSH Construction or equivalent
- Experience within environments spanning across Utilities, Construction or Civils sectors
- A high level of ability to communicate and engage with all levels of personnel, including clients
- NRSWA Qualification is also highly desirable
In return the salary is £35-£40k + Company Car + Fuel Card + 8% pension scheme + Private Healthcare + Discretionary Bonus + 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org