about 2 years ago
Health, Safety and Environment Director – Homebased – Award-Winning Global Facilities Management Business
A truly unique opportunity has arisen for a Health, Safety and Environment Director with a globally leading service provider and facilities management business, who work with over 100 million consumers daily to improve their quality of life. Principal People are delighted to announce that we have been retained exclusively as a search partner to the organisation, building on an established partnership, to contribute to shaping their existing leadership within their Health, Safety and Environmental Team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, as the successful Health, Safety and Environment Director you will benefit from an autonomous position, working with a committed senior leadership team with a positive attitude towards HSE. This is a strategic role where you will be responsible for setting the direction for health, safety and environment across the business for the UK and Ireland region.
Operating from the one of the main hubs with travel to other sites, this is an excellent chance to work for a well-established award-winning business, who have an enviable attitude towards health, safety and environmental management. You will be joining at an exciting time in which the business maintains an excellent financial position and is projected strong continued growth.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- This is a chance to join a diverse and high performing business, within one of their largest regions with opportunities to progress to European and global positions
- You will have the ability to work within a global organisation, with a variety of blue-chip clients and internationally recognised brands
- Working with an organisation who are focussing on growth for the next two years and have a positive financial outlook
- Truly autonomous role, where you can put your own stamp on a large organisation, with a business who are committed to and supportive of change
- Access to necessary leaders within the organisation, whilst reporting directly into the Managing Director
As the Health, Safety and Environment Director you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the wider business leaders in deploying and implementing new HSE initiatives and priorities
- Managing and leading your own team to ensure thorough effectiveness from strategies and programmes across the whole business
- Creating new policies and procedures to set the HSE strategy, ensuring these are truly embedded at all levels across the organisation
- Continuously improving health, safety and environmental management systems and maintaining accreditations
- Leading a transformational behavioural change project across the business, further increasing a positive health and safety culture
To be strongly considered for this opportunity, the successful HSE Director will:
- Have experience of working in a senior / Director level HSE role in a large or multinational business, with significant strategic influence Have a proven track record in leading a dispersed and diverse team of HSE professionals, along with matrix responsibility for others outside of their direct team
- Have a forward-thinking approach to develop long term strategies, with the experience of reporting to and influencing executive stakeholders
- Have an appreciation of risk within a consumer service environment, having operated in a senior capacity within a large service-based organisation including; FM, Property, Retail, Hospitality, Leisure or Healthcare
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification as a minimum
In return, the successful Health, Safety and Environment Director will be offered a highly competitive salary, plus an exceptional package.
If this could be of interest, please register your interest with Jack Robinson now on email@example.com or call on 01252 954963 to ensure your application is considered.