£37k per year
over 2 years ago
Health, Safety and Environment Manager- up to 37k plus package based in West Midlands.
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting and significant, Health, Safety and Environment Manager position to join one of the largest Logistics organisations in the UK. This operational role will allow the successful candidate to have a huge influence across the site, with the chance to make your own mark.
This position will offer a great opportunity to develop your skillset through working in a fast paced and diverse environment, being responsible for the overall health and safety on a day to day basis. Reporting directly to the National Health and Safety Manager, the appointed Health, Safety and Environment Manager will manage five Junior Health, Safety and Environment Coordinators and provide specialist advice on various areas of the business.
This significant but hugely positive challenge will include writing and reviewing policies and procedures, implementing transformation of change and undertake regular audits and site inspections.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing the day to day health and safety on an operational basis.
- Carrying out a Gap Analysis initially to assess where the issues are.
- Driving culture change throughout the business, coming up with initiatives to influence behaviours.
- Analysing data and producing reports to relay to the Board on safety performance.
- Helping and advising with Health and Safety strategy and coming up with long term initiatives to improve the culture within the business.
- Interacting with and managing the workforce to be pro-active towards their own health and safety, ensuring good behaviours and safe working methods are being adhered to.
- Reviewing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures, carrying out incident investigations and carrying out training and inductions.
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Manager will:
- Hold experience within Logistics, Aviation, Automotive and Warehousing
- Hold the NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent as a minimum
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
In return the salary is up to £37,000 + benefits
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.