£60k - 70k per year
01252 759 162
3 months ago
Health, Safety and Environment Manager – £60-70K + attractive benefits – Nr. Heathrow Airport, Greater London
Principal People are excited to be recruiting an experienced Health, Safety and Environment Manager for our global, market leading engineering business based near Heathrow Airport
You will have the opportunity within this role to develop and implement new Health and Safety initiatives and develop strategy alongside the Head of HSE to continuously improve the safety culture across the business. You will furthermore have the opportunity to work closely with the site leaders to ensure safety practices are being implemented to the world class standards the company expects.
This is a great opportunity to work within an industry leading international business who hold health and safety as one of their core values. In this role you will report directly to the Head of HSE and will have the autonomy to make a range of improvements across the substantial site.
Why work for this company?
- Working for a highly successful global company, who are fully invested in Health and Safety.
- Working within a very high risk site, you will naturally cover a range of challenges and are instrumental in ensuring everyone’s safety on site
- A great deal of scope for this individual to further develop in their career with leadership and guidance from a fantastic Head of HSEQ
- A true opportunity to be a leader of change.
You will be required to:
- Continually work to improve and develop the site health and safety culture.
- Mentor and develop the three HSE professionals reporting into this position
- Working with senior managers within the business on a clear H&S strategy
- Developing and implementing short- and long-term plans within the H&S department covering both operational delivery and strategic input
- Working closely with all levels of the business to ensure that HSE is engrained within the operation and individuals are being coached appropriately
- Inspections, training, coaching. Ensuring any incidents and near misses are followed up on and improvement plans are put in place.
The successful Senior Health and Safety Advisor will:
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma or Equivalent Qualification
- Experience within a Manufacturing/Engineering environment or similar
- Have line management experience
- 8 + years of experience in a Health and Safety focussed role.
- Knowledge of management systems ideally ISO 45001, 14001 and 9001
This is ideal for someone who wants to take the next step in the health and safety career into an organisation who truly want to see you develop and make a difference. In return, the successful HSE Manager will be offered a salary between £60-70K depending on qualifications and experience plus an attractive benefits package.
If this could be of interest, please apply now for your opportunity to register your application by sending your up to date CV to email@example.com and avoid missing this exceptional opportunity.