£45k - 50k per year
01252 759 162
about 1 year ago
Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor – Homebased - £45k - £50k + attractive benefits package.
Principal People are delighted to have exclusively partnered with a one of the largest Transport organisations in the UK. The position is based from home, with travel to sites in the Glasgow and Central Belt of Scotland areas. As the Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor you will be working within the HSE Operations Department and will have a strong focus upon behavioural safety and the engagement of all levels of staff. The role will largely involve driving the Health, Safety and Environmental agenda through operational delivery and will support the Head of HSE in the strategic direction of HSE within the company.
Why work for this company?
- Working for a prestigious company offering ample development and training opportunities
- A great deal of scope and autonomy for this individual to make a real difference
- Lots of variation within the role and chance to get involved with new projects that arise
- The company have a good HSE record but this role will be imperative in further driving HSE performance from good to great
- Being part of a fully invested team with excellent buy-in to HSE from the business leaders
The Key duties include:
- Supporting ongoing engagement of continuous improvement programmes, working closely with shop floor and senior managers to coach and influence them in health, safety, and environment.
- Contribute to the HSE strategy and direction.
- Developing policies and procedures relevant to certification requirements
- Driving EHS performance forward onsite
The ideal will possess as a minimum:
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Demonstrable environmental experience is highly desirable.
- 5 + years of experience in a Health and Safety focussed role, ideally with some transport operations experience.
If the opportunity is of interest, please apply today or email me on F.Johnston@principalpeople.co.uk
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard back within 10 working days unfortunately your application has not been successful.