£50k - 55k per year
01252 759 162
8 months ago
Principal People are currently working exclusively with an international and successful Logistics company to recruit for a Senior Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor to hold an operational role within their Health and Safety Department.
This is newly created position and it’s extremely flexible, and you will be in full control of your own diary. You will have be based from Chelmsford but have responsibility for sites in Ipswich, Felixstowe, Tilbury and London Gateway.
The successful individual with be solely responsible for providing day-to-day advice and guidance to the site management team in relation to the development, maintenance, and compliance with, the Health and Safety management system and external certification standards.
Reporting to the Head of Health and Safety you will work the team playing a key part in establishing Health and Safety procedures and practices on a multi site basis.
Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor – Chelmsford – Up to £55K + Bonus & Car Allowance - Logistics
The key responsibilities of the successful Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor will be:
- Support development and delivery of the business strategy for safety and sustainability.
- Collaborate with the management team to implement a business focussed safety plan to meet the needs of your allocated sites
- Provide advice and support to ensure effective management, investigation and remediation of accidents, injuries and precursor incidents.
- Conducting Health and Safety training
- Support ongoing management and improvement of the business management systems to optimise implementation and effectiveness
- Working with the onsite team to ensure policies and procedures are being adhered to
- Making sure all training and compliance has been completed to the standard of the company
What makes this a great opportunity?:
- You will have the opportunity to work with a very supportive and engaging Head of Safety, who will focus upon your personal development
- The Business are going through significant growth, increasing opportunities internally for personal progression and growth
- There is a great deal of flexibility for this position with a strong focus on a positive work – life balance
- The company deal within a very unique field, which has aided the growth and success of the company over recent years
- The company yare extremely devoted into Health, Safety and Sustainability
The successful Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor will:
- Either hold or be studying towards a Health and Safety Diploma
- Possess experience working within an operational and industrial environment such as Engineering, Logistics, Transport or Manufacturing
- Have a positive working attitude and great communication skills
If you are interested in this position and would like to have a confidential conversation to discuss it further please email your CV to email@example.com or alternatively give me a call on 01252954966