£50k - 60k per year
about 2 years ago
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting an incredibly exciting career opportunity for a Health Safety and Environmental Manager, to join a UK leading Food Manufacturing organisation based just north of Dewsbury.
This is an incredibly senior position where you will be responsible for the overall Health, Safety and Environmental on a day to day basis. The company are continuously striving to improve productivity and have some big projects arriving in 2019 along with multi million pound investments. As a return our client can offer you an extremely attractive salary with very generous benefits and a friendly working environment who support Health and Safety.
The HSE Manager will be a member of the site leadership team, playing an important role in looking after the site’s Health and Safety, continuous improvement and the embedding of relevant policies and procedures that engage our associates and create a hazard aware and zero incident culture.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Promote the highest level of awareness and compliance in all aspects of site Health and Safety.
- Able to lead a team of 3 within safety and environmental matters
- Working with OHSAS:18001 whilst improving to ISO:45001 and managing ISO 14001:2015 management system.
- Providing technical leadership and support to the Plant Manager, Supply teams and Global/regional innovation teams.
- Deliver sustainable improvements to the health, safety and environment and help to develop a cultural change in the mindset of all employees.
- Develop, deploy and embed relevant Safety, Environmental, Asset conservation and site security management system.
- Carry out accident investigations, ensuring correct reporting and review and feedback on the quality of accident investigations.
- Develop and deliver Health and Safety Training.
- Build, develop and maintain effective working relationships across the business and with external parties to included health, safety and environment.
The successful Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in improving and health and safety behaviours and improving cultures.
- Experience working within a food manufacturing company although not essential.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a Health and Safety role.
- Ability to provide a strategic overview on Safety Policies and Procedures
In return, the successful Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will be offered a salary up to £60,000 depending on qualifications and experience, including an attractive package.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.