£35k - 45k per year
11 months ago
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager – Offering flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home, based in Sevenoaks– £35,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
Are you passionate about Health and Safety and working for a business who truly believe in safety first and encourage new ideas?
If so, this could be a fantastic opportunity for you!
Principal People are delighted to have exclusively partnered with an Award winning, UK leading Food Manufacturing organisation, who are seeking a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager offering full autonomy to really make a real difference in the company.
Why work for this company?
- Work for a forward thinking and innovative company who are open to suggestions and welcome new ideas!
- Join at an exciting time for the organisation. With excellent growth plans, this is a great opportunity to be able to develop yourself further and take the lead on health and safety!
- Excellent flexibility in your working week, giving you the chance to achieve a real work-life balance.
- The ability to on occasion, work from home, which again attributes to a great work-life balance.
- Take up the challenge of helping establish new accreditations. In addition to this and to support you, you will be taken on client meetings to help develop your knowledge and understanding further in terms of a business perspective.
- Although the company is fast growing, they are family run and therefore hold family run values in the organisation.
- Excellent stability offered through securing large, long-term contracts with luxury, corporate companies across the UK
- Excellent financial stability due to the success of the company.
Core day to day duties
- Working with systems/accreditations to maintain, manage and audit against
- Leading and coaching management and working through improvements collaboratively
- Providing HSE technical support across the site
- Looking at accident and incident performance for patterns and trends and then advising management on corrective action
- Being visual on the shop floor and have a hands-on approach to health, safety and environment
- Reviewing of risk assessments and safe systems of work to ensure they’re fit for purpose
- Coaching and guiding the operational team in terms of Health, Safety and Environment
The ideal HSE Manager will possess as a minimum
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- 2+ years of experience in a Health and Safety focussed role. Ideal backgrounds would be Manufacturing, Food, Logistics, Waste Engineering or Recycling would be highly desirable
- Systems / Accreditations experience – SALSA accreditation experience would be highly desirable but not essential
For your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with:
- £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience and qualifications
- 20 days holiday plus bank holiday + extra day at 5 years and 2 extra at 10 years of service
- Workplace pension
- Very flexible on working hours and with the option to work from home
If this is of interest to you, please contact Francheska on 01252 954975 or send an email to F.Johnston@principalpeople.co.uk