£40k - 45k per year
about 2 years ago
I am currently looking for a Health, Safety and Environmental Officer to join a bespoke global manufacturer based in Pulborough. This is an exciting new job opportunity that has been created within the business, for a Health and Safety professional looking to develop within an origination who are forward thinking and rapidly growing. Offering the right candidate full autonomy and a chance to make your own mark within the role.
Why is this a great opportunity?
- Working within a company that are highly successful and leading in their industry and fully prepared to develop and encourage your progression within the company.
- You will have the chance to take place in major Health and Safety projects that will add to your development and progression.
- By reporting to the Managing Director, you are given the autonomy and influence to make a real difference and drive the safety culture forward.
- Health and Safety is high on the agenda! You will be supported and encouraged to make changes which will improve the standards across the company.
The Successful Health, Safety and Environmental Officer will be responsible for:
- Supporting the further development of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System within the organisation.
- Leading the implementation of the ISO45001 standard into the site, ensuring the organisation attains and maintains its accreditation.
- Coordinating internal health and safety audits.
- Help achieve a pro-active health and safety culture on site, working with management to install a better culture and getting the workforce to take responsibility for their health and safety, really driving improvements and working to achieve standards of Health and Safety excellence.
The ideal Health, Safety and Environmental Officer will:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety as a minimum
- Have management systems experience in ISO 14001 or 18001 or ISO 45001 although not essential
- Have a proven experience working within Manufacturing environments, although not essential
In return, the successful Health, Safety and Environmental Officer will be offered a salary of up to £45,000 depending on qualification and experience plus benefits.