£36k - 41.5k per year
5 months ago
Health, Safety and Environmental Standards Manager – Charity / Education / Local Authority / Care / Healthcare / Multi-disciplined organisations - £36,000 - £41,500 + exceptional work-life balance plus package.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within a multi-disciplined organisation in which no two days are the same. You will be part of a wider team of indviduals that work throughout the UK and will spend the majority of your time within the London area with travel every other week to one of 5 Midlanid sites.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an organisation who wants to make Health, Safety and Wellbeing fall seamlessly into the day to day operations and be seen as something to enable them rather than disable them. Due to the nature of this Charitable organisation, they are more focussed on the Wellbeing of their staff and the service they provide over any financial incentives.
The Successful Health, Safety and Environmental Standards Manager will be responsible for:
- Lead on the effective development, management and compliance of all environmental and workplace health and safety standards and functions across the organisation.
- Proactively identify and implement legislative updates, industry best practice and innovative solutions that sustain the progressive improvement of health, safety and environmental standards and culture.
- Undertake and oversee regular health, safety and environmental compliance inspections and support colleagues in continuous compliance and improvement.
- Oversee the fire risk management process across the organisation.
- Assess, investigate and resolve any accidents and incidents. Follow up investigations, improvement plans and training schemes, and where relevant RIDDOR compliance.
- To work with the Quality and Performance team to develop and achieve yearly work plan priorities
The ideal Health, Safety and Environmental Standards Manager will:
- NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum (or equivalent within Occupational Health and Safety)
- Experience carrying out operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity across multiple sites (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Care and Healthcare, but open to Local Authority, Education and any other multidisciplined backgrounds)
- Experience dealing with ISO 14001 and ideally reducing the carbon footprint of an organisation
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who is able to build strong and positive working relationships across multiple sites.
In return, the successful Health, Safety and Environmental Standards Manager will progress to a salary of up to £41,500 plus 28 days leave plus bank holidays and an exceptional pension scheme.