£27k - 30k per year
8 months ago
I am currently looking for a Health, Safety and Fire Safety Advisor to join a Care organisation based in South Wales. This is an excellent opportunity for a Health and Safety professional looking to develop within an organisation who a range of individuals at different ages and need within the community and will allow you to diversify your skill sets and experience further.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within a multi-disciplined organisation in which no two days are the same. You will be part of a team of two individuals that work throughout the South Wales area and will spend the majority of your time within the Cardiff / Newport area with travel to over 3 large multidisciplined sites.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an organisation who wants to make Health, Safety and Fire Safety fall seamlessly into the day to day operations and be seen as something to enable them rather than disable them. Due to the nature of this Care organisation they are more focussed on the Wellbeing of their staff and the service they provide over any financial incentives and they promote an extremely positive working life balance.
The Successful Health, Safety and Fire Safety Advisor will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that an organisational Health, Safety and Fire management framework is effectively communicated and implemented throughout the organisation.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and technical guidance.
- Developing policies and procedures in Health, Safety and Fire and ensuring the implementation thereof.
- Management and review of Fire risk assessments.
- Undertaking periodic Health, Safety and Fire safety compliance audits and compile reports and action plans.
- Developing and delivering statutory and mandatory Health, Safety and Fire training programs.
The ideal Health, Safety and Fire Safety Advisor will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum (or equivalent within Occupational Health and Safety)
- Experience carrying out operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity across multiple sites (open to backgrounds with a preference for Care and Healthcare and Charity, but open to Local Authority, Education and any other multidisciplined backgrounds)
- Experience Carrying out Fire Risk assessments and Fire Safety training.
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who is able to build strong and positive working relationships across multiple sites.
In return, the successful Health, Safety and Fire Safety Advisor will be offered a salary of up to £30,000 plus 25 days leave plus bank holidays, an exceptional pension scheme.
We have interview availability over the next two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.