£30k per year
over 1 year ago
I am currently looking for a Health, Safety and Maintenance Manager to join a Learning Disabilities Care organisation based from Surrey. This is an excellent opportunity for a Health, Safety and Compliance professional looking to make a difference within a truly multidiscipline organisation that will allow you to diversify your skill sets and experience further.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within a multi-disciplined organisation in which no two days are the same. You will be part of a close-knit team environment with a family feel, they will give you a great deal of autonomy in how you want to manage the role. The role allows you to travel to over 16 Care sites all within close proximity of the main site, this allows you to benefit from the variety that comes with a multi-site role without having to stay away or spend all day on the road.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a multipurpose role with both Health and Safety and Maintenance responsibilities under your remit with the support from a Maintenance Officer that will be reporting into you. The role is extremely varied due to the multi-site and multi-purpose aspects combined with the fact you will have the responsibility for the Estates Compliance for a range of sites that help and support those with learning disabilities. You will be provided with the necessary tools to carry out the role to the highest standards across a diverse and exciting remit, no two days will be the same!
The Successful Health, Safety and Maintenance Manager will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the organisation is compliant with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. To ensure that there is up to date standards and systems in place to maintain: Fire Safety, Infection Control, Safe Water Management including Legionella, COSHH, Security, First Aid, Manual Handling, Working at Heights and Asbestos awareness.
- Leading a small maintenance team, designating tasks, overseeing work allocation and work load, prioritizing work. To monitor outcomes and quality. Supervise and show leadership and support.
- Carrying out and understanding all designated tasks & duties associated with building maintenance including some basic electrical & plumbing tasks throughout the company as directed in line with the Health & Safety at Work Act.
The ideal Health, Safety and Maintenance Manager will:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent within Occupational Health and Safety (Will consider individuals with IOSH Managing Safely Qualification or equivalent with relevant experience leading Health and Safety within a Maintenance role)
- Experience carrying out operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity across multiple sites (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Care and any other multi-disciplined organisations that operate over multiple sites)
- Experience managing maintenance team or working within the building trade/estate management/facilities management area
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who is able to build strong and positive working relationships
In return, the successful Health, Safety and Maintenance Manager will be offered a salary of up to £30,000 plus 32 days leave and a flexible working basis.
We have interview availability over the next two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.