£32k - 35k per year
3 months ago
I am currently seeking a Health, Safety and Sustainability Advisor to join an ambitious, dynamic and support focused Health, Safety and Sustainability Team within a well-established Education organisation based in Hertfordshire.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with health, safety and environmental experience who is looking for a new challenge, open to developing themselves and would enjoy engaging others in a range of interdisciplinary health, safety and environmental matters.
The successful candidate will play an essential role in providing professional health, safety and environmental advice and support. This will involve engaging and developing people, managing relationships and playing an operational role in the implementation of the organisations Health and Safety, Wellbeing and Environmental agendas.
A wide range of skills and experience including teamwork are essential and you will be expected to take responsibility for specific elements of the team’s proactive workload.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a higher-education organisation who are well respected in their space and have recently expanded. They are passionate about progressing their employees and are willing to fund a post graduate diploma for the successful candidate. You will be provided with the necessary tools to carry out the role to the highest standards across a diverse and exciting estate, no two days will be the same!
Main duties & responsibilities
- To provide professional and proactive health, safety and environmental advice on all matters relating to current and anticipated legislation and good practice guidance.
- To support the management of the organisations Environmental Management System (EMS) and continually improve practices in relation to environmental management by working with stakeholders across the organisation.
- To take responsibility for maintaining and supporting the development of the organisations monitoring activities. This includes contributing to audits and inspections, the delivery of reports and the development of action plans whilst ensuring recommendations are followed through.
- To investigate health, safety and environmental incidents, formulating and implementing follow-up actions that may arise, ensuring that those with authority over areas and activities are informed, understand the issues and agree to take corrective/preventative action. To manage, monitor and review incident statistics, identifying trends and develop reports to support awareness and management decisions.
- To be responsible for developing, delivering and supporting training, guidance information and awareness activities on health, safety and environmental matters across the organisation.
- To prepare, present or support the development of reports covering all aspects of the Health, Safety and Sustainability team’s activities at a senior level.
- Develop and maintaining one or more areas of specialist expertise as agreed with the Director of Health, Safety and Sustainability. In these areas of expertise, the post-holder will be the sole and authoritative specialist; monitoring, reviewing and developing the organisations policies and procedures to enable and ensure that legal obligations are met.
Skills and experience needed
- The successful candidate will have proven experience in health and safety management in a large organisation, preferably in a multidisciplinary environment. A practical and operational knowledge of health and safety legislation including an awareness of any national priorities/issues, a knowledge of environmental legislation and experience of quality assurance frameworks such as ISO 14001. The role will require excellent written and presentational skills, experience delivering group training, the ability to analyse problems and identify practicable solutions with an interdisciplinary approach, excellent IT skills, the ability to produce timely and accurate reports using detailed information in a clear and engaging manner and experience promoting a positive culture of health, safety and sustainability by engaging people face to face and by other methods of communication.
Essential Qualifications required:
- Educated to degree standard in a relevant subject e.g. Scientific, Engineering, Environmental/Geography degree or substantial proven experience.
- Health/Wellbeing and Safety knowledge, training and practical demonstration of implementation (e.g. NEBOSH certificate or proven experience).
In return, the successful Health, Safety and Sustainability Advisor will be offered a salary of up to £35,000 plus 40 days leave (including bank holidays and closure days), an exceptional pension scheme and CPD budget on offer.
We have interview availability over the next two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.