almost 3 years ago
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Director
A fantastic senior opportunity has arisen for a Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Director to join Flogas Britain, one of the largest LPG suppliers in the UK and part of DCC Plc, a highly successful FTSE 100 organisation. Principal People are delighted to announce that we have been retained exclusively as a search partner to Flogas, working in collaboration to identify a best in class Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Executive Leader.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Lee Gannon, as the successful HSEQ Director you will benefit from being on the Senior Executive team, working alongside a committed collective of key stakeholders with a positive attitude towards HSEQ. Managing a diverse team of HSEQ and Process Safety professionals, this is a strategic role where you will be responsible for setting the direction for health, safety and environmental management across the organisation.
Operating flexibly across the UK network of sites, including the Head Office in Leicestershire, this is an excellent opportunity to work for a well-established market leader who are now ready to take the next evolutionary step on their HSEQ journey. With commitment to further investment in the HSEQ team development , this is a very exciting time to join the business and lead the team to achieve further success.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- This is a newly created position, with autonomy and responsibility for reshaping the HSEQ strategy and delivery
- There is absolute commitment and buy in to Health and Safety from the Managing Director and all key stakeholders
- It is a broad role with board level responsibilities and the opportunity to be involved in wider business / commercial strategy planning
- The organisation continues to grow large market share
- There is a new investment programme underway to create their own strategic storage facility, which will drive efficiency and performance improvements
- Flogas are an agile organisation where there is quick decision-making speed
- The organisation have an excellent relationship with the Health and Safety Executive and other regulators
- If successful, you can develop a true career with potential future progression into European / Global positions within the parent company
As the Health, Safety and Environment Director you will be responsible for:
- Leading a transformational behavioural change project across the business, further increasing a positive health and safety culture
- Supporting the wider business leaders in deploying and implementing new HSEQ initiatives and priorities
- Managing and leading a HSEQ team to ensure thorough effectiveness and success related to HSEQ performance
- Creating new policies and procedures to set the HSEQ strategy, ensuring these are truly embedded at all levels across the organisation
- Continuously improving health, safety, environmental and quality management systems and maintaining accreditations
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Director will:
- Hold the NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent health and safety qualification
- Have leadership skills within a dispersed and diverse team with the ability to improve processes and accountability
- Have a proven track record within a high risk, multi-site organisation i.e. Manufacturing, Engineering, Oil and Gas, Utilities or similar
- Be an individual with a natural flair for engaging with and influencing a variety of key stakeholders across a UK wide portfolio
- Have a mix of strategic leadership and vision, but with the desire to remain operationally involved possessing a “rolling sleeves up as required” mentality
- Be experienced in developing and implementing behavioural and cultural change programmes
In return, the successful HSEQ Director will be offered a competitive executive level basic salary, with total remuneration including a bonus scheme, pension, car allowance, the option to purchase extra annual leave and family medical cover.
If this could be of interest, please apply now for your opportunity to register your application, or alternatively please contact Josh Huggins or Tom Minshell at Principal People.