£30k - 35k per year
about 2 years ago
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting an incredibly exciting role for a Health, Safety Environmental and Facilities Manager to join a highly successful and specialised Food Distribution organisation who are based in Northamptonshire.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in a fast paced, and extremely diverse environment where no two days are the same. You will act as an integral function within the health and safety team to ensure the management of current food safety systems are accredited standards. Having the chance to work with a variation of people and really encourage their pro-active behaviours towards health and safety standards. In return our client can offer you a lot of scope within the role to make a difference and offering training and development.
The successful Health, Safety Environmental and Facilities Manager will report directly to the Regional Head of Health and Safety and Site General Manager.
Taking responsibility for the operational health and safety within the Food Distribution organisation, the successful candidate will take the lead across all health, safety, environmental and facility queries and concerns regarding this. This positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others and when new projects arise, overseeing the installation of it and ensuring it is carried out within a safe manner.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Working to continuously improve the Health and Safety culture and behaviours.
- Reviewing and conducting risk assessments.
- Reviewing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures, carrying out incident investigations.
- Proving all employees with health and safety training and induction training.
- Co-ordinate, monitor and ensure that risk assessments and safe systems of work are. regularly reviewed and update.
- Performs audits and inspections and reviews investigation reports to ensure that corrective actions will eliminate recurrence and unsafe acts/conditions.
- Mentor managers and supervisors to instil a culture of safety among employees
- Assist / support facility departments in safety training to include behavioural based safety programs, company and regulatory training.
The successful Health, Safety Environmental and Facilities Manager will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or Equivalent.
- Experience within a Warehouse or distribution background or similar
- Ability to mentor, coach and train
- Capable of working in a fast paced, dynamic and changing environment
In return, the successful Health, Safety Environmental and Facilities Manager will be offered a salary of up to £35,000 including; pension and holidays.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.