£27k - 31k per year
7 months ago
I am currently looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join a Charitable organisation-based from home / nearest office to them with varied travel throughout the country. This is an excellent opportunity for a Health and Safety professional looking to develop within an organisation who give so much back to the community and will allow you to diversify your skill sets and experience further.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within a multi-disciplined organisation in which no two days are the same. You will be part of a wider team of individuals that work throughout the country and will spend the majority of your time either based from home or the closest office to you.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an Charity who have a presence internationally as one of the most renowned non-for-profit organisations. Due to the nature of this Charitable organisation they are more focussed on the Wellbeing of their staff and the service they provide over any financial incentives.
The Successful Health and Safety Advisor will be responsible for:
- Undertake a range of Health and Safety audits according to the needs of the services delivery team using the organisations standard auditing framework.
- Raise awareness of the contents of the organisations Health and Safety management system and encourage a shared commitment amongst staff and volunteers to a standardised risk assessment processes, accident reporting, self-audits and inspections.
- Be able and willing to travel throughout the UK to provide a benchmark of Health and Safety standards, share learning and spot good practice and be flexible in order to respond fully to service health and safety issues.
- Facilitate learning at all levels and encourage sharing of information amongst areas, this could include delivering Health and Safety training courses and providing effective coaching and facilitation.
The ideal Health and Safety Advisor will:
- A level 5/6 qualification within Health and Safety (NEBOSH Diploma / NCRQ Level 6 Diploma) yet open to those either working towards or possesses extremely tangible experience with a NEBOSH General Certificate (TechIOSH level) that will allow them to hit the ground running.
- Experience carrying out operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity across multiple sites and an ability to take on projects (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Charity / Retail / Education / Local Authority / Care / Healthcare)
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who is able to build strong and positive working relationships
- Have experience working across multiple sites, managing their time and workload on a remote basis and flexible to travel throughout the UK.
In return, the successful Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a salary of up to £31,000 plus 26 days leave plus bank holidays, an exceptional pension scheme and Healthcare.
We have interview availability over the next two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.