£12 - 14 per hour
over 1 year ago
Housing Manager – £12 / £14ph – Reading - Permanent - Part-Time (20 Hour Contract)
Social Housing Recruitment have a new and exciting opportunity for a part time Housing Manager to work for a friendly Charitable organisation. The charity we are partnering exclusively with are in the process of acquiring a new Property for people in need and are looking for someone to manage the property and take ownership and pride of the way it is run.
The successful Housing Manager will hold a lot of autonomy in their role but, initially will be helped to recruit new residents and to ensure the welfare of the residents. Liaising with Senior Site Managers to make sure all duties are being completed to a good standard and to make sure any potential issues are addressed as soon as possible.
Housing Manager responsibilities include:
- Managing the property and enabling independence for the residents through social activities, maintenance and resident engagement
- Submitting written reports to Trustee meetings regarding the performance of the specific property
- Reviewing applications for potential residents and obtain references for suitable candidates and arranging interviews for potential residents with the Clerk of Trustees
- Maintaining Health & Safety requirements in accordance with the Risk Assessment and the Health & Safety regulations. Ensuring that actions resulting from Risk Assessments are carried out
- Liaising directly with sub-contractor trade services and coordinating repairs scheduling services
- Carrying out weekly tests of the fire detection system and arrange an annual fire drill for residents if appropriate
The successful Housing Manager must possess:
- Fantastic communication skills and the ability to be diplomatic
- Housing experience is advantageous
- Demonstrable experience in scheduling repairs
- Access to their own private vehicle with a full UK driving licence
In return, the successful candidate will receive an hourly rate of £12 - £14 and contracted to 20 hours minimum a week. In addition to this overtime is available and agile working, giving the successful Housing Manager ultimate flexibility.
This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability over the coming 2 weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting Housing Manager position, please reply to us today to express your interest.