£25k per year
01252 759 162
about 2 months ago
Housing Repairs and Maintenance Officer – £25,000 – Southeast London
Social Housing Recruitment have a new opportunity for a Housing Repairs and Maintenance Officer to work with a housing association that work with people who are disabled, autistic or have complex needs. They support and provide accommodation across the UK with a vision that everyone should have the opportunity to be an active citizen in the community where they live.
The successful Housing Repairs and Maintenance Officer will take responsibility for providing excellent repairs and maintenance services, including responsive repairs and planned maintenance, while meeting statutory obligations.
The Housing Repairs and Maintenance Officer responsibilities include:
- Raising work orders and liaising with contractors to ensure work is delivered on time, to a high standard and represents good value for money.
- Ensuring to arrange access to sites via operational colleagues and keeping stakeholders informed of progress
- Completing pre vacation and void inspections to ensure swift turnaround of void units and to recover costs for resident damage
- Ensuring that all repair and maintenance work is recorded on relevant systems so that accurate data can be used to forecast future spend.
The successful Housing and Repairs and Maintenance Officer must possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of property maintenance including responsive repairs, planned maintenance and cyclical decoration as well as property maintenance best practice.
- An understanding of current supported housing accommodation requirements for people with complex needs.
- A full UK Driver’s License
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary of up to £25,000 On top of this, you will receive a fantastic benefits package including 23 days annual leave plus BH rising with service, opportunities for learning and career development and a choice of flexible benefits.
To discuss further, please contact Social Housing Recruitment and speak to Daisy McLachlan02037622793 for an informal and confidential discussion or email firstname.lastname@example.org