£20k per year + Package
9 months ago
Housing Support Officer - £20,000 – Highgate
Social Housing Recruitment are working with a Housing Association based in North London , who are looking for a Housing Support Officer to provide assistance across a range of Housing schemes for Elderly and vulnruble residents. The role will be focussed on promoting independence and when required offer emotional support helping to promote greater quality of life.
The successful individula will work autonomously to complete most of the day to day responsibilities. Customer interaction is vital for this role however, as the charity look to promote independence for this reson there will be no previous experience of delivering a care service required or needed.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a developing Housing Professional to start something great for themselves. Being part of a community driven housing association, which can shape the future for so many residents who are aiming towards independence.
Responsibilities of the Housing Support Officer:
- Assisting in providing a full range of housing management services
- Proving tenants, a sign posting service to other agencies
- Engaging, guiding and advising elderly customers in the framework of the tenancy agreement
- Carrying out Health, Safety and Security Checks in residents’ properties and to successfully manage the environment of the buildings
- Writing reports, pre and post inspection of properties and highlighting rent arears and accessing any agencies which might lift the burden of financial issues
- Understanding the professional boundaries between the Scheme Manager and residents
Essential requirements for this post:
- Housing operations experience in relevant role with 2 years’ experience
- Experience of working with customer focused organisation dealing sensitively and calmly with complaints and issues raised by tenants
- Autonomous working and the ability to achieve the co-operation of others
- The ability to self-develop, listening to others and raising issue when necessary to improve the performance of the schemes and the staff
For the successful Housing Support Officer this role is paying £20,000.t.
This role is urgent, and our client is looking to interview over the next week. If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please don’t miss out and get in contact today with your most recent CV.