£450 per day
over 1 year ago
Interim Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Director
A unique, newly created opportunity has arisen for an Interim Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Director with an award-winning housebuilder. Principal People are delighted to announce that we have been retained exclusively as a search partner to the business, to contribute to shaping their HSEQ leadership.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, as the successful Interim Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Director you will benefit from working amongst their committed Executive Team and the board who all possess a committed and positive attitude towards HSEQ. Managing a team of 6 HSE professionals, this exciting new post, is truly strategic where you will be responsible setting the overall direction for health, safety, environment and quality across the business.
Operating from one of the business’s Northern offices, with travel to other locations and sites in their regions, this is an unrivalled chance to work for a well-established organisation with impressive growth plans along with a track record of success.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- A chance to join a multi award-winning business, unique in the area of industry they work.
- Incredible new opportunity to shape the role as your own
- Truly autonomous role, where you can put your own stamp on HSEQ, within a business who are committed to and supportive of change
- Access to necessary leaders within the organisation, whilst sitting on the board reporting directly into the Chief Operating Officer
- To work for a nationally recognised business in terms of growth and profit.
As the Interim Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Director you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the wider business leaders in deploying and implementing new HSE initiatives and priorities
- Setting the strategic HSQE direction for the business to ensure consistency throughout the organisation.
- Developing and embedding an improved safety culture which is class leading and embraced by all employees by proactively promoting safety.
- Managing and leading your own team to ensure thorough effectiveness from HSE across the whole business
- Continuously improving health, safety environmental management systems, winning and maintaining accreditations
- Provide HSQE guidance, oversight and advice for the Board of Directors and Senior Management team (SMT) to ensure safety is paramount at all times.
The successful Interim Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Director will:
- Hold the NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent Health and Safety Qualification
- Have a proven track record gained at a strategic level within the construction, civil engineering or associated industry sectors.
- Be a people focused individual, who is passionate about changing cultures and behaviours
- Have a strategic mindset, comfortable operating at board level
- Have existing leadership and management skills, having built a function with a proven track record of success
In return, the successful Interim Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Director will be offered a day rate of up to £450
If this could be of interest, please apply now for your opportunity to register your application by sending your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and avoid missing this exceptional opportunity.