£475 - 575 per day + Travel expenses
about 2 years ago
6-12 months contract - Interim Strategic Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality £475- £575 per day plus travel expenses – based from Cambridgeshire covering sites across the South East.
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for the position of Interim Strategic Head of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality with a market leading contractor. Principal People are delighted to announce that we are working exclusively with a key client of ours, to contribute to shaping their existing Health and Safety leadership team.
As a sought-after employer, this is an exciting senior appointment and offers an incredible opportunity to operate with a highly respected leadership team. This career enhancing position will fulfil a highly autonomous and strategic approach to Health and Safety across an expansive portfolio and offers the successful candidate a competitive day rate between £475-£575 per day plus expenses.
As the competent person for Health and Safety, the primary function of the Strategic Head of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality is to communicate best practice policies and practices across the group to ensure the safety of their employees and customers.
Reporting to Head of Operations and the board, the successful Strategic Head of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality will benefit from an autonomous and varied role, with a requirement for a gap analysis on the company’s current and target goals. The ideal candidate will be based from a commutable distance to the Cambridgeshire. Our client will require a motivated self-starter with the potential for national travel.
The successful Strategic Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality will be responsible for:
- A gap analysis on the company’s HSEQ strategy
- Influencing and engaging with senior stakeholders within the business to ensure and improvement and continuation of an embedded Health and Safety culture across this complex multi-sited business.
- Create and deliver a new HSEQ businesses strategy
- Generating and maintaining business processes which create a streamline an effective method of managing Health and Safety
- Engaging and influencing colleagues to ensure best practice of HSEQ throughout the business
The ideal individual will possess:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification
- Proven experience of OHSAS 18001, ISO9001 and ISO14001 (knowledge and experience of 45001 could be advantageous)
- Proven experience of leading and motivating employees to promote and nurture a truly embedded Health and Safety culture
- A resilience to remain positive and focussed when challenged by senior management teams.
- Proven experience of establishing a positive Health and Safety culture in a large and complex, multi-site organisation.
- The self-motivation and energy required to work autonomously at a strategic level, influencing and continuously driving change and improvements in a fast-paced business
- Considerable previous relevant industry experience.
- Successful completion of a gap analysis
This industry leading contractor are offering a day rate between £475-£575 per day (depending on experience) plus expenses on an initially 6-12 month contract with a possibility of it being extended or even becoming permanent.
If you are interested in hearing more about this outstanding opportunity, please reply now to email@example.com register your interest in the role. First stage interviews will commence ASAP.