(full time equiv. £41,932)
almost 2 years ago
Principal People are currently recruiting for a rare, part time opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our business, at an incredibly exciting time for the organisation.
Reporting to the Director and supporting the Office Manager in leading the accounts team, the successful Management Accountant will be responsible for overseeing the smooth running of the accounts function, reporting to the Director on a weekly and monthly basis to present key data and performance information.
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work 25 hours flexibly across the working week to suit the individual. Following completion of probationary period, we are really comfortable for the appointed Management Accountant to work some of the working week remotely from home, managing their time autonomously.
Established almost 30 years ago, Principal People has grown from strength to strength, building an outstanding team culture whilst organically growing the business. We are now looking for the right individual for this business-critical role.
The successful Management Accountant will be responsible for:
- Compiling monthly management accounts and financial statements to report internally and externally to the wider group
- Suggesting updates and improvements for accounting systems, including invoicing and commission
- Developing budgets and financial plans for the company based on data reports
- Creating monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends and financial forecasts
- Regularly looking for cost reduction opportunities
- Reporting to the Director with timely and accurate financial information
- Examining all financial reports and data closely, to check for any discrepancies
- Creating systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Reviewing budget vs spending analysis and providing monthly updates to the Directors on operating expenses
- Working with the Office Manager to oversee credit control, including suggesting and implementing improved processes where applicable
For your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with:
- An industry leading basic salary dependent on experience, in addition to a quarterly and annual performance related bonus
- Extensive benefits including complimentary parking, wellbeing allowance paid in addition to your salary, in-house yoga classes and personal training
The appointed individual will possess:
- A proven track record in working within a dynamic accounting position
- A minimum of 18 months’ experience as a Management Accountant, or can demonstrate an exceptional track record as an equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to innovate – implementing fresh ideas and concepts whilst focusing on a commercial outcome
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office and Sage in conjunction with bespoke CRM / information systems
- The ability to work with a strong sense of urgency at all times, consistently able to meet strict deadlines
- The demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and high volumes of work with ease and is able to manage stress comfortably