£30k - 35k per year
about 2 years ago
Principal People are thrilled to be recruiting an incredibly exciting new career opportunity for a National Health and Safety Advisor, to join a well-established, thriving and highly reputable National company. The ideal candidate will be based in Chesterfield or the Surrounding area as National travel is required.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in a fast paced, and extremely diverse environment where no two days are the same. You will be responsible for the health and safety on a day to day basis and when new projects arise. In return our client can offer you the chance to put your own individual stamp on this role and full autonomy to make a difference.
The successful National Health and Safety Advisor will report directly to the Health and Safety Manager.
As a National Health and Safety Advisor the role will cover all aspects and matters relating to Health and Safety within the facility, integrating a common-sense approach into the business needs. This positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others and when new projects arise, overseeing the installation of it and ensuring it is carried out within a safe manner.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing all employees with health and safety training and induction training.
- Co-ordinate, monitor and ensure that risk assessments and safe systems of work are regularly reviewed and update.
- Develops and always maintains a professional working relationship with employees at all levels and promote exceptional standards.
- Promotes and raises Health, Safety awareness and culture across all locations.
- Provides support and advice to all locations as required on all health and safety related issues.
- Carries out accident investigations and produces reports which identify causes and actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Analyses all accident data to identify trends and introduce safe controls where appropriate.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining health and safety audits.
- Review/Produces risk assessments and all other Health and Safety documentation as necessary.
- Organises and attends Health and Safety committee meetings within business units.
The successful National Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety but not essential
- Demonstrable experience in improving and health and safety behaviours and improving cultures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience within a manufacturing background or similar although not essential
- Hold a valid UK Driving Licence
In return, the successful National Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a salary up to £35,000 depending on qualifications and experience, with a benefits package including; A new company car, lap top, mobile, pension and holiday.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.