£45k - 55k per year
01252 759 162
17 days ago
We are currently looking for an Operational Building Consultant for a rapidly expanding property services organisation delivering energy efficiency compliance to properties within the UK's commercial building sector.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation who offer rapid progression with the first promotion likely within the first 6 months of your placement. They are a newly merged consultancy firm with a well-established client base and are now seeking a new Technical Lead for the Operational Building Modelling branch of the business. They work on complex large commercial buildings in the UK at the leisure of flexible hours from home and an incredible opportunity to quickly progress within the business to senior or associate level.
The role will be based from home with an extreme amount of flexibility on the location of your base and management of your diary for the UK travel involved. A normal week will consist of going out to site one day per week with the other 3-4 based from home. This offers you the variety of no two weeks being the same and a fantastic work/life balance with the ability to manage your own diary.
As the Operational Building Consultant your responsibilities will include:
- TM54 operational building modelling, analysing operational energy and carbon performance, liaising with mechanical and electrical design teams, and writing technical reports detailing the forementioned.
- As technical lead you will create practical calculation tools in MS Excel and develop frameworks for TM54 and NABERS Design for Performance Reports. (Training can be provided where necessary on NABERS.)
- Ideally suited to an individual proficient with dynamic building software IES VE and a strong understanding of operational building modelling using ApacheHVAC.
- Managing your own diary and scheduling site visits in accordance with the organisation’s needs.
The ideal Operational Building Consultant will be/have:
- Conduct site surveys on complex commercial buildings located throughout the UK (hold a full UK driver’s license). Looking for a minimum of two years’ experience related to the job specification to be considered and 5 for the top end of the banding.
- Fully conversant with IES VE software.
- In-depth knowledge of ApacheHVAC module within IES VE.
- Strong understanding of mechanical and electrical building services.
- Good knowledge of Part L Building Regulations, CIBSE TM54: 2022 Evaluating operational energy use at the design stage, and NABERS Design for Performance.
- Relevant degree in the built environment or building engineering (open to candidates who possess a proficient technical background).
- Strong technical report wringing and Excel abilities.
- Experience with energy, carbon, and costing exercises.
- Confident and professional working personality. This is a client facing role so the successful candidate will need to have the ability to communicate at all levels and adapt their approach accordingly.
- Good communication skills with outstanding organisation skills and writing ability.
In return, the successful Operational Building Consultant will be offered a salary of up to £55,000 + 10% bonus and great package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming three weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.