£50k - 62k per year
01252 759 162
19 days ago
Quality & Sustainability Manager- Up to £62,000 + Bonus + 9% Pension + Amazing package! - London / Remote (WFH) & International Travel - *Rare Opportunity*
Principal People are delighted to have been exclusively retained by a global retail business, specialising in the sales, storage, brokering and distribution of raw material products to customers across the globe. The business generates over £1bn a year in global revenue and has over 300 members of staff across the world.
The company are looking to identify a Quality & Sustainability Manager to take ownership of the regulatory compliance of the materials that they handle and sell, as well as ensuring that products that the company are selling on behalf of their suppliers have the right credentials in place in relation to carbon footprints of the products. You will take ownership of the oversight of company ISO accreditations, particularly ISO9001.
It is not a pre-requisite that someone has experience in both Quality and Sustainability, the weighting of the role currently sits at around 70% Quality / 30% Sustainability. However, if someone has experience of both Quality & Sustainability – this would be highly advantageous.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- This role is a unique role in that it encompasses two areas of high interest in the market currently; Quality & Sustainability. There aren’t may roles currently offering the opportunity to explore both skillsets and this will add huge value to your CV for future years to come
- You will have the opportunity to influence at both an operational level, and strategic level – making a difference across the globe
- You will be meeting and collaborating with people from different parts of the world, internal employees, external customers, suppliers and third parties – a huge amount of variety where no two days will be the same
As the Quality & Sustainability Manager you will be:
- Developing and coordinating the evaluation of the product green credentials, including assessment of carbon footprint, of the suppliers the company buy from and the goods that they trade, to support the enhancement of commercial opportunities with the greenest products
- Coordination of product-related regulatory compliance, including product fire safety testing, etc.
- Undertaking quality assurance assessments of our suppliers and their products
- Coordinating the good handling and resolution of claims related to faulty or damaged products bought against the company by customers and resolving these with suppliers or insurance providers.
- Leading the workstream to achieve ISO 9001 compliance for the business
As the Quality Manager you will have:
University Degree in Engineering, Quality or a related subject
Minimum of three years’ experience in the manufacturing or commodity industries
Ideally some experience (direct or indirect) of Sustainability / Environmental impact of products
Full UK driving license
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please apply or send your CV directly to Lauren Alsop at email@example.com