£45k - 50k per year
about 2 years ago
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting role for a Quality Manager to join a highly reputable Engineering organisation within the South of Wales.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to help guide the company through the ISO9001:2015 transition, utilising their skills and knowledge within quality to ensure it is a success and help them to achieve their goal of being one of the highest performing sites within the company.
The successful Quality Manager will report directly to the Operations Manager who absolutely encourage autonomous working and have a pro-active approach towards helping you make the position a success!
Taking responsibility for the development of the quality function on site, the successful candidate will take the lead across all quality queries and concerns. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include reviewing policies and procedures and creating proposals as appropriate for subsequent changes in the culture and operations of quality across the business.
Key responsibilities of this equally strategic and operational role include:
- Undertaking a Gap Analysis to ascertain areas for development in quality across the business both in the short term and longer term.
- Reviewing what has already been implemented, creating strategic proposals and gaining commitment from all levels of the business.
- Carrying out root cause analysis to assess where any issues are stemming from.
- Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the site on all quality matters, acting as the point of escalation.
- Developing the Quality team through mentoring and KPI’s, helping them to grow and reach their full potential within the business.
The successful Quality Manager will hold:
- Experience within the Manufacturing/Engineering sector
- Demonstrable experience in formulating, improving and implementing quality policies and procedures
- Experience of the ISO9001:2015 and/or transitioning a business through it.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive experience of working within a management position within Quality.
With direct links to major stakeholders and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.