£55k - 70k per year
01252 759 162
20 days ago
Quality Manager - Up to £70,000 + Package – St Neots office / Remote (WFH) - *Rare Opportunity*
Principal People are delighted to have been exclusively retained by a fascinating international company selling and providing innovative products and solutions to the Oil & Gas industry.
The company are enjoying a sustained period of rapid growth and would like a new Quality Manager to be part of their mission for the coming years.
To exemplify the company’s growth over the last 3 years:
- The company increased revenue by 33% in 2020 (during the peak of the pandemic)
- The company increased revenue by a further 25% in 2021
- The company have increased revenue by a further 50% so far in 6 months
The business are looking for a Quality Manager to have overall oversight of the company’s quality department and performance, including; working alongside product development teams and having an input in the quality management of design phases, as well as working alongside the company’s sales and marketing teams in the St Neots office.
You will also have the support of a highly rated and competent Product Quality expert, based in Poland who oversees day-to-day operational quality with regards to goods-in and out. You will line manage and communicate with this individual regularly whilst reporting into the company’s Managing Director directly.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- You will be joining a rapidly growing, agile and innovative business with a huge scope to influence and to make your mark on the company for years to come
- You will work closely with - and line manage / have the support of a highly competent Product Quality expert in Poland
- You will be part of a team culture that is friendly, warm, positive, focussed on achieving mutual goals
- You will have the opportunity to be operationally active and have a heavy involvement in implementation, and also have the opportunity to take a step back and think strategically
As the Quality Manager you will be:
- Representing the Quality Department to company Management and within the Product Development team
- Responsibility for all the overall coordination, reporting and administration of QA- related tasks in accordance to ISO 9001 and ISO 60079-34 certification and other relevant company certification
- Supporting the Sales teams with management of customer’s and potential customer’s vendor lists.
- Control of the Quality Management System
- Establishing and making sure the QA documentations and procedures are up to date
- Giving advice on all QA related activities
- Effective co-ordination of activities related with company certification with respect to products intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres, including communication with notified bodies
- Cooperation with Ex-Responsible(s)
- Ensure that all employees are performing work according to Quality procedures
- Ensure that safety devices and personal protective equipment are provided in adequate numbers, that they are readily accessible and in proper condition, be consulted during the planning and effectuation of measures of significance for the working environment within the representative’s safety area
- Responsibility for internal audits and audits of suppliers
As the Quality Manager you will have:
- A degree level qualification in Engineering, Quality Management, or a related subject
- Experience of working in a quality management level role
- A working knowledge of intrinsic safety aspects of ATEX certification would be an advantage
- Experience of working closely with Product Development Teams, ideally in relation to high-value, low-volume manufacturing processes
- Experience of interfacing with customers on process, regulation and warrant
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please apply or send your CV directly to Lauren Alsop at firstname.lastname@example.org