£55k - 65k per year
01252 759 162
about 1 month ago
*Quality Manager – Manufacturing & Engineering - Up to £65,000 + Package – Woking*
Principal People are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a manufacturing and engineering company in Woking that are looking to recruit a Quality Manager to lead a team of 2 Inspectors at their site in Woking.
This role will have complete oversight of operations within their 45 staff business, from design through to production and including the management of 2 x Quality Inspectors.
As the Quality Manager you will be:
- Responsible for leading and developing the value delivered by the Quality function which includes management of the company Quality Management System (QMS), Environmental, Health & Safety Management System (EHSMS), Security and Business Improvement activities across the business.
- Contributing to the leadership of Overview as a member of the Senior Staff Team.
- Driving a proactive, customer focused and world class approach to the Quality of all activities that Overview undertake from R&D through manufacture and the provision of services.
- Ensuring that stakeholder expectations are clearly identified and consistently exceeded.
- Ensuring compliance with all legal and regulatory obligations relating to Environmental, Health Safety and Security as these evolve over time.
- Owning the continuous improvement of Overview’s QMS and EHSMS, ensuring that both are fully adopted across overview, and drive continuous improvement of their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Maintaining Overview’s Quality Assurance, Environmental and Health & Safety, and Security certifications and approvals.
- Supplier and Supply Chain Quality. Approval and Quality Assurance management of suppliers.
- Ownership of the business scorecard and its proactive use as a tool for driving Business Improvements.
- Proactively identify and manage risks associated with Quality Assurance, Environmental, Health & Safety and Security across the business identifying opportunities for Business Improvement and driving these to realisation.
As the ideal Quality Manager you will have as many of the following people:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in proactively leading Quality Assurance within a growing engineering business.
- Able to demonstrate experience in the design and manufacture of electromechanical products within a commercial SME business.
- Experience in the use and application of Lean and / or Six Sigma.
- Experience of leading teams and line management. Coaching and developing team members to achieve outstanding results and managing performance.
- Experience of operating in ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 environments and to industry specific standards.
- Experience of taking responsibility for the Environmental, Health & Safety.
- Experience of Security including both facility security and the use and storage of classified data.
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please apply or send your CV directly to Zac Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.