£30k - 40k per year
01252 759 162
7 months ago
Quantity Surveyor – £30,000 - £40,000 – Cardiff
Are you seeking a fresh challenge with the scope to progress in the Surveying sector?
Do you have a desire to make a difference to people’s lives whilst saving money for the company?
Are you an experienced, reliable Quantity Surveyor with experience within Construction and Development?
If so, give us a call at Social Housing Recruitment.
We are currently looking for Quantity Surveyor to work with a leading specialist provider of residential, nursing and dementia care in the UK. The Successful Surveyor will work on, but not limited to, residential construction, Refurbishment, New Build, contractor liaison, and to generally support the Construction and Development team.
Your role will entail carrying out Quantity Surveying functions within the in-house contracting business servicing programme. You will have responsibility of a budget as well as identifying opportunities to maximise value for money on many of the different projects and through dealing with contractors in a professional, effective way.
Key Responsibilities of a Quantity Surveyor:
- Working with the Head of Procurement on all contractual matters including tendering, subcontractor/ client negotiations, final accounts, claims, variations, budgeting and forecasting.
- Maintaining dialogue with relevant team members to ensure continual understanding of contract administration of all projects.
- Ensuring that the internal reports of the projects are accurate in regard of costs incurred, forecast costs, risk, contingency and liabilities, variations, claims and sub-contract management.
- Ensuring that variations and costs are fully demonstrated and verified in accordance with the contract. Improve the accuracy of Budgets and Forecasts.
- Ensuring that all applications, variations and payment notices are undertaken in a timely manner in accordance with the contract.
- Maintaining and supporting a collaborative working environment with all stakeholders both internal and external.
What the Quantity Surveyor needs, to be considered:
- 5 years' experience as a Quantity surveyor
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or Equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of relevant contracts within the construction industry
- Good track record of managing multiple projects successfully
- Excellent communication and management skills
- A logical and practical approach as well as an ability to solve problems
- Clean UK full driving licence
If this is of interest to you, please contact me Bradley French on 01252954955 or email me email@example.com. Our client is looking to get someone in ASAP so, make sure you don’t miss out on this opportunity and get in contact today.