£30k - 35k per year
about 2 years ago
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting an incredibly exciting role for a Regional Health and Safety Advisor to join a highly successful Manufacturing organisation, with sites based in Hull and Corby.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in a fast paced, and extremely diverse environment where no two days are the same. You will be responsible for the health and safety on a day to day basis and when new projects arise. In return our client can offer you the chance to put your own individual stamp on this role with the support from senior management.
The successful Regional Health and Safety Advisor will report directly to the Site Manager.
Taking responsibility for the operational health and safety within the manufacturing organisation, the successful candidate will take the lead across all health and safety queries and concerns regarding this. This positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, Coaching and training staff members to insure they are complying to safety standards, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others and when new projects arise, overseeing the installation of it and ensuring it is carried out within a safe manner.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Working with the Site Mangers at each site to improve the Health and Safety culture and behaviours.
- Reviewing risk assessments and method statements ensuring they are fit for purpose.
- Reviewing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures and making changes where needed, carrying out incident investigations.
- Proving all employees with health and safety training and induction training and coaching them where improvements are needed.
- Co-ordinate, monitor and ensure that risk assessments and safe systems of work are regularly reviewed, updated and improvements are made when needed.
- Providing management and support at site health and Safety meetings.
The successful Regional Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or Equivalent.
- Multi-site experience or happy to travel
- Experience within a Manufacturing background or similar
- Demonstrable experience in improving and health and safety behaviours and improving cultures.
In return, the successful Regional Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a salary of up to £35,000 including; Company car + all travel expenses paid for + pension of 3% match and 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.