£54k per year + Package
01252 759 162
5 months ago
Regional Health and Safety Manager – Working from home / Remote / South UK – Up to £54,000 plus package – Varied industry sectors
Principal People are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a leading health and safety consultancy services business who are recruiting a Regional Health and Safety Manager role to lead a team of health and safety consultants in the South of the UK.
The company, generating over £50m+ revenue a year, have a team of over 30 health and safety professionals across the UK and have a reputation for offering high-level and boutique service offerings to a client base that spans across all industries.
In this role, your role will be focussed on line managing a team of (11 and growing) Health and Safety Consultants who are visiting and working with clients in their respective regional locations. Your role will be to support the team in making sure that the overall team objectives are being met, clients are being provided with the best possible service, managing appraisals and occasionally working with clients directly too. Ultimately, 70% of your role will be based around the management of your team and function, and 30% of the role will be focussed on delivering health and safety advice to clients.
The role will be a mixture of working from home, travelling between client sites (1-2 days a week) and occasionally going to the company’s head office.
Why this is a great opportunity
- You will be leading a productive, positive and passionate team of Health and Safety clients
- You will be exposed to multiple industries, furthering your health and safety and career development
- You will be working for a market-leader, who, despite COVID-19 have continued to grow uninterrupted
- You will report in to an inspirational, enthusiastic and extremely supportive Head of Health and Safety
- You will be a part of proactively shaping the company culture and service offering moving forward, it is a great time to be joining the company
- To lead a team to deliver a comprehensive consultancy service to the company’s health and safety clients
- To drive performance, development and motivate a team of consultants. Achieving this through setting objectives, coaching, regular 1:1s, appraisals, updates, and team meetings etc
- Support the Director of Health & Safety to manage team resources through effectively planning and allocating workloads; managing absence and staff turnover; recruitment and succession planning
- Provide day to day support for colleagues who are involved in complex or high-profile cases in the areas of health and safety
- Lead on retention processes and assisting consultants in retaining their client portfolio
- To develop links and relationships with internal stakeholders to enhance existing relationships and to maximise development opportunities
- To contribute to the development of business improvement initiatives and to lead effective implementation of change to ensure business benefits are secured at the earliest opportunity
What you will need, to be considered for this role
- Management experience in a health and safety role
- A Full UK Driving License and willingness to travel across the South of UK (Birmingham and below) when required
- Ideally a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification in health and safety i.e NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ Level 6 Diploma, NVQ4/5, Degree in Health and Safety
In return of the above, the successful candidate will receive a salary of up to £54,000 plus package.
To be considered, please click apply or send your CV directly to Lauren Alsop at Principal People (firstname.lastname@example.org).