£50k - 60k per year
01252 759 162
about 2 months ago
Newly created Regional Health, Safety and Environment Manager Position – Northern Ireland (home or office base) – £50-60K + 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Car allowance, Private Health care and Contributary Pension scheme.
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Regional Health, Safety and Environment Manager for a world leading utilities and environmental services company to cover the Northern Irish business unit.
The organisation are an award-winning Energy, Water and Waste specialist and a sought-after employer with a long-standing reputation for excellence. This is a unique opening provides a unique career progression opportunity for the successful candidate’s career. Reporting to the Head of Health, Safety and Environment, The role will require both a strategic and operational approach to overseeing Risk. health and safety across 20 sites.
Working for a modern, fast-paced business, the Regional Health, Safety and Environment Manager will enjoy autonomy and variety across their working week.
The successful Regional HSE Manager will be responsible for:
- Working across an area of the Northern Irish operations, ensuring a consistent approach on how sites are supported and audited.
- Working with the Head of R&A, RDs and GMs on the frequency of site visits depending on the risk profile.
- Supporting the drive of a pro-active culture by actively supporting the operational teams including solutions and sharing good practice.
- Working in partnership with other R&A advisors, RDs, GMs to ensure consistency and understanding key priorities.
- Actively supporting the Improvement programme by engaging with the operational teams and supporting them in the development and review of the projects.
- Leading the implementation of the improvement programmes within the respective area. Ensure buy-in from your operational teams to support the effectiveness of the delivery.
- Ensuring there are touch points at all levels to ensure appropriate communication and influence within the operational teams.
- Managing stakeholder expectations ensuring all activities are in line with improvement programmes and R&A Strategy.
The ideal individual will hold or have:
- The NEBOSH Diploma / a degree in Occupational Health, Safety and Environment or have an equivalent qualification
- Experience within a construction / CDM environment (highly desirable)
- Fundamentals of Risk Management (IRM)
- A recognised Environmental Certificate (IEMA)
- Achieved or working toward management and leadership degree/ certification - ILM Level 5 or equivalent
- Degree in Mech/Elec Engineering or equivalent
The organisation offers a competitive salary and generous package including car allowance, a defined contributory pension, Private healthcare, a discretionary bonus and life assurance benefits.
Principal People have been retained exclusively as a search partner to the business, to contribute to shaping their existing Risk and Assurance team. If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, please apply to Thomas Minshell at Principal People to register your interest in the role. All direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to Principal People.