£45k - 55k per year
01252 759 162
about 1 year ago
Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager – 55k plus package based near Martlesham
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager position to join a highly reputable and established Utilities and Civil Engineering organisation covering a growing portfolio of work across Suffolk and Essex.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to establish and develop new standards for the organisation in the way they shape and lead the Health and Safety function within the business. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high performing business, who have consistently grown and gained additional contracts. The successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include reviewing policies and procedures to ensure compliance and creating proposals as appropriate for subsequent changes in the culture and operations of Health and Safety across the business.
The successful SHEQ Manager will manage their own diary while reporting into an office near Martlesham and visit multiple sites across Suffolk and Essex and will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and creating HSEQ policies and procedures.
- Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all Health and Safety matters, acting as the point of escalation
- Working with a range of individuals across a diverse risk portfolio, to ensure that safe working practices are conducted and at a later stage, that updated policies and procedures are adopted
- Conduct regular site audits, site inspections and accident investigations as required
- Attend regular internal and client meetings
- Reviewing risk assessments and method statements
The successful Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager will hold:
- Experience within the Civil Engineering, Telecommunications or Utilities.
- NEBOSH General or NEBOSH Construction certificate as a minimum
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- UK Driving License
In return the salary is £45k - £55k + commercial vehicle + Fuel Card + pension scheme + 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment. Alternatively contact me direct on email@example.com