£40k - 50k per year + Package
almost 2 years ago
Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager - 40K-45K plus package based near Rochdale and covering multiple sites across the North West
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting, newly created role for a Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager to join a leading Civil Engineering and Utilities organisation covering multiple sites across the North West on a prestigious and growing contract.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to work on a major infrastructure project for a renowned Civil Engineering and Utilities contractor. Becoming a fundamental part of the established team, responsibilities include attending regular client and contractor meetings as well as developing the SHEQ strategy.
The successful Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager will report directly to the Framework manager with direct lines of communication to the project manager and contracts manager. This significant, but hugely positive challenge, will include reviewing policies and procedures and creating proposals as appropriate for subsequent changes in the culture and operations of SHEQ across the contract.
Key responsibilities of the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager will be
- Working with a range of individuals across a diverse risk portfolio, to ensure that safe working practices are conducted and at a later stage, that updated policies and procedures are adopted.
- Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all HSEQ matters, acting as the point of escalation.
- Reviewing Risk assessments and method statements
- Attend regular internal, client and contract meetings
- Develop and drive the Health and Safety strategy for the project
- Conduct and manage regular audits and site inspections
- Conduct accident investigations
The successful Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager will hold:
- Experience within the Utilities sector.
- NEBOSH General or equivalent as a minimum
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare opportunity to work on a prestigious contract and an incredible career opportunity.
In return the salary is £40k -£50k + Company car or £5,000 car allowance + 7% pension scheme + discretionary bonus + Bupa Health Care + 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.